Friday, January 4, 2013

Band of Wild Petticoats: Ruffling skirts and flipping pages since 2013.

Welcome to Band of Wild Petticoats, a blog dedicated to the art and craft of using words. It is my hope that over time this blog will become a place to revel in the rugged beauty of the English language, the lyricism of Romance languages, and wild petticoats.


But first, allow me to introduce myself.
<-- Hey look--there's me!

My name is Taiko and I live in the Rocky Mountains with my one true love and our dog (my other one true love). In these old mountains, it is easy to surround oneself with myth and storytelling. I look for stories everywhere, which has led to a fascination with this landscape, vintage hats, rare books, and secret recipes.

The only credentials I can claim as I set out to author this blog are the desire to broaden my reading tastes and hopefully improve my writing. I intend to review poetry, short fiction, and novels from all over the world (especially the English-, Spanish-, and Portuguese-speaking realms).

I hope that you will find ideas here that inspire you to read and write... and I am most hopeful that you will join the Band of Wild Petticoats by commenting on the posts, emailing me, or sharing what you find here!

Cheers,
Taiko


10 comments:

  1. Awesome. So glad you're doing this. The world needs more coolness of the kind you offer. Will there be economics too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement! I am no expert in economics, but it certainly may surface here (if in a very amateur way)!!

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to see what you write! Shaking out my skirts and rustling my petticoats in happiness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep the petticoats rustling-- I hope to do a post on your writing soon! <3

      Delete
  3. I challenge you to use the word, obdurate, in an upcoming post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks, Cheri! You were a big inspiration for this :)

      Delete