Thursday, December 26, 2013

Winter Trees


Dear Petticoat Rustlers- Merry Christmas!
I hope you've gotten to enjoy some quality time with your family and friends in these past days. Last year my husband and I started a tradition that we continued this year-- we make some tasty food, take a long hike, and then come home and watch all 9 hours of the Lord of the Rings trilogy. It was awesome!
What are your traditions for the season?

As the year grows old and wise and draws to a close, I thought it would be a good idea to reflect on some of the best things I read this year and some of the things I'm most looking forward to reading (and writing about) in 2014. So for the remaining days of this year, I'll be doing a series of posts on these books- stay tuned!

For today, I will leave you with some photos of our Christmas tree and a brilliant little William Carlos Williams poem...

Winter trees 

All the complicated details 
of the attiring and 
the disattiring are completed!
A liquid moon 
moves gently among
the long branches.
Thus having prepared their buds
against a sure winter
the wise trees
stand sleeping in the cold. 


 

***
Until next time-- keep rustling!

No comments:

Post a Comment